We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Masterchef Sanjeev Kapoor
- His much awaited book for the International audience ‘How to Cook Indian’ was released on April 1, 2011 at Indique Heights, Wisconsin Circle. The response was absolutely fantastic and very encouraging.
- While in the USA for the book release he appeared on ‘Rachel Ray Show’ which was aired on 14th April, 2011 as also on The 10! Show on NBC Philly.
- He attended an event at Barnes & Noble Booksellers.
- He also did a live demo for the national cooking segment at Canada AM and for Bonnie S Ben-wick of Washington DC.
- He was interviewed by Allison Beck, the Editor from Entertain & Holiday and by WHYY-NPR. He was also interviewed on Toronto Star which was followed by a live demo.
- ‘How to Cook Indian’ was listed among the ‘Summer Cookbooks of the year 2011’ in New York Times.
- A preview of his book ‘How to Cook Indian’ was published in Food & Wine. They described Masterchef Sanjeev Kapoor as someone who has almost single-handedly made spending time in the kitchen seem like fun.
- Sanjeev Kapoor has been honored with the National award for ‘Best Chef of the Year 2008’ by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India.
- In the March 2010 issue of Reader’s Digest, Sanjeev Kapoor figures at No. 31 in the list of 100 of India’s Most Trusted persons.
- A 24 x 7 TV Channel ‘Food Food’ has been launched on 24th January 2011, first of its kind in South East Asia. Well received and appreciated by people and professionals.
- Khana Khazana, his cookery show on television was telecast non stop for more than 17 years and also won the ‘Best Cookery Show’ award by Indian Television Academy (ITA) and Indian Telly awards year after year.
- Sanjeev Kapoor is on the panel of Ministry of Tourism, Govt of India, made specifically to document Indian Cuisine and release an authentic version of it for Indians to follow and rest of the world to understand Indian Cuisine in the right perspective.
- He appeared on popular US cookery show hosted by Rachel Ray show in April 2009 and April 2011 and was introduced by her as an amazing chef who has sold more cookbooks than any other chefs who have appeared on her show.
- Sanjeev Kapoor was launched from the portals of the House of Commons,London by Mr. Fabian Hamilton, MP (North East Leeds,Yorkshire) in the presence of many dignitaries and officials in February, 2009.
- His best selling books reach an enthralling number of more than 140 titles (in English, Hindi, Marathi and Gujarati) with Fun Foods for Fussy Kids and Wedding Collections hitting the stands lately. More recently, his new book How to Cook Indian for the international audience has taken the West by storm.
- His portal www.sanjeevkapoor.com is a complete cookery manual with a compendium of more than 6,000 tried and tested recipes and a wealth of information on the art and craft of cooking. Very popular especially among-st Indian women as also NRIs who get homesick for Indian food. It has 2 lakh registered users, with a page view of 7 million per month in age group 20-60 years and around 2 million hits a day.
- Sanjeev Kapoor is on the board of Singapore Airlines International Culinary Panel sharing the limelight with some award winning star chefs from culinary capitals across the globe.
- Sanjeev Kapoor has been contributing regularly to the society through his work for children with Autism. Under Corporate Social Responsibility he has taken on himself the challenge of improving/feeding school meals in remote villages and for children from the weaker sections of the society.
- Another brand of Sanjeev Kapoor - Wonderchef – enables Indian women to empower themselves by starting their own business.
- As a restaurant consultant he has granted his franchise to a number of restaurants both in India and abroad which have all been very well appreciated.
- Under the brand name Sanjeev Kapoor’s Khazana, a wide range of food products, including finger licking Pickles, Blended Masalas, Gourmet Chutneys and 123 Ready To Cook Mixes have already created millions of admirers nationwide and internationally.
- A fan page in FACEBOOK was started in mid-2009 and has around 2,50,000 fans and growing. It has around 4500 interactions per week.
- Another initiative is Sanjeev Kapoor’s Khazana, a channel on YOUTUBE which has become very popular.
- CNN channel (host Richard Quest) featured him on a programme on celebrity chefs (crème de la crème) chosen from around the world.
- He was one of the chief speakers/presenters at the Worlds of Flavor, 2005 International Conference & Festival organized by The Culinary Institute of America at Grays tone.
- Recipient of ‘Award for Brand Excellence’ at the fifth Indira Awards; ‘Hall of the Fame Award’ under the aegis of the The Star of the Industry Awards.
- Popular Zee TV celebrity show, Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hai, featured Masterchef Sanjeev Kapoor and unfolded his life story.
In a nutshell, Sanjeev Kapoor and his single minded determination to achieve his goals epitomise the famous saying – a man with a dream will not be denied.
Sanjeev Kapoor is the most celebrated face of Indian cuisine today. He is Chef extraordinaire, runs a successful TV Channel ‘FoodFood’, author of best selling cookbooks, restaurateur and winner of several culinary awards! He is living his dream of making Indian cuisine the number one cuisine in the world and empowering Indian women through power of cooking to become self sufficient.
Sanjeev Kapoor is the Managing Director of Khana Khazana India Pvt Ltd and the co-owner of the TV channel FoodFood. He also runs a TV production company and has a very popular website dedicated to food www.sanjeevkapoor.com. Along with this, he has a major presence in the Digital and Social Media, publishes cookbooks, partners a company ‘Wonderchef’ for selling kitchen gadgets, has a presence in FMCG sectors in the form of food products and is a pioneer and established leader in TV shows. Presently he is also serving as the brand ambassador to a selected list of various commercial brands.