We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Adraki Aloo Gobi
1/2 medium cauliflower (2+ cups)
2 medium white potatoes chopped into small cubes
1 Serrano chili pepper or to taste
2 inch ginger chopped (use less if you dont like ginger)
1 garlic clove chopped
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
pinch of asafetida (hing)
salt to taste (1/2 teaspoon)
1/2 cup cilantro leaves chopped
1 tbsp oil
- In a pan, add oil and heat it at medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add in cumin seeds and wait until they start sputtering.
- Add in the asafetida(hing), coriander powder and turmeric and mix well.
- Add in the chopped ginger, garlic and Serrano pepper and let them cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the potatoes chopped into small pieces and mix well and cook for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Break the cauliflower into florets and chop some of the bigger florets to form smaller pieces.
- Add in the cauliflower florets and salt and mix well.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook covered for 15-20 minutes stirring every 4-5 minutes.
- Potatoes should be soft when done.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot with rotis or Naan.