We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Apple And Pear Crostata
½ medium apple
½ medium green USA Pear
250 grams short crust pastry dough
¼ cup butter
¼ cup castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ cup refined flour + for dusting
1 tsp cinnamon powder
Brown sugar for sprinkling
4-6 almonds, sliced
Icing sugar as required
Edible glaze for brushing
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Cream together butter and castor sugar in a bowl with a whisk.
- Break egg in another bowl, whisk and add half to butter cream mixture reserving the remaining and whisk well.
- Add vanilla essence and whisk. Sift in flour and whisk well. Add cinnamon powder and whisk again.
- Discard stem and bottom of a pear and apple, halve and cut into small pieces.
- Dust the worktop with some flour, place the dough and roll out to make ½ cm thin sheet. Cut the sheet into 3 roundels using a medium size cookie cutter and discard the excess.
- Lightly press the edges of the discs, put some cream mixture in the center and top with some chopped pear and apple. Pleat the edges and fold in toward the stuffing. These are crostatas.
- Place them onto a baking tray and brush some reserved egg mixture on top.Sprinkle some brown sugar and sliced almonds on top.
- Place the baking tray in preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes. Sift some icing sugar on a serving platter, place crostatas and brush some glaze on top of crostatas.