We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
|For the Short Crust Pastry|
|1.||Chilled water||1 cup|
|2.||Plain Flour [Maida]||3 Cups|
|3.||Chilled Butter||150 gms|
|4.||Brown Sugar||2 tbsp|
|For the Apple Filling|
|1.||Apples – Cored, Peeled, Cut into Cubes||2 no|
|2.||Cinnamon Powder||½ tsp|
|3.||Brown Sugar||1 tbsp|
|4.||Sponge cake (Eggless)||2 tbsp|
|6.||Icing sugar||For garnish|
For the upper covering (crust):
• Sieve the flour with the salt.
• Rub in the chilled butter and make a dough by adding ice-cold water.
• Roll out the dough to about 3mm. thickness.
• Cut with cutter in thin strips.
For the Apple Filling
• Take two apples, make cavities from within.
• In a bowl, take inside part of apples. Add eggless sponge cake, the brown sugar, cinnamon and butter
• Mix it well.
How to Proceed
• Take apple cup and fill it with apple mixture.
• Place the crust strips on the top of apple as a covering.
• Give it a milk wash.
• Bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 - 20 minutes.
• Place the apple pie on the plate and sprinkle some icing sugar on it.