We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Badam Barfi is a healthy recipe and rich in flavors.
Prepare barfi using almond flour/almond meal. If you are preparing barfi using almond meal, then mix one cup almond meal, sugar andmilk. Knead the mixture and keep it aside for about 15 minutes. Then follow the procedure below.
Whole almonds (soaked in hot water for 30 minutes) :- 1 cup
Cardamom powder :- Pinch
Sugar :- 1 cup
Ghee/clear butter :- 2 tbsp
Milk :- 1/3 cup
- Peel the skin of the almonds and prepare a smooth paste using milk.
- Put the sugar in it and whip for few minutes.
- In a pan, heat ghee and once the ghee completely melts, mix the prepared almond paste. Stir continuously and cook on medium heat.
- Stir continuously till the mixture thickens to the consistency of bread batter, and begins leaving the edges of a pan.
- Combine cardamom powder in above mixture and remove the pan from the flame.
- In a round movement, whip the mixture using a spoon for few minutes.
- Transfer this mixture into the greased pan.
- Smoothed the mixture surface to a quarter inch thick.
- Allow it to cool till barfi looks warm.
- Cut into 1 inch pieces and cool to room temperature.
- Store barfi in an airtight container.
Decorate with edible silver leaves and serve.