We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Baked Mushroom and Spinach Cigars
10-12 button mushrooms, sliced
1 small bunch spinach, blanched and chopped
8 spring roll sheets
1 tbsp oil + for brushing
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 medium onion, finely chopped
Salt to taste
2-3 fresh thyme sprigs
2-3 tbsps Fun Foods Veg Basic Mayonnaise
Refined flour (maida) slurry as required
3-4 tbsps Fun Foods Veg Basic Mayonnaise
½ tsp dried mixed herbs
A pinch of white pepper powder
½ stalk spring onion greens, chopped
1 fresh thyme sprig
1. Preheat oven to 180° C.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add onion and sauté till translucent.
3. Add mushrooms and sauté on high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add salt and mix. Add spinach, mix and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add thyme leaves and mix well. Switch off heat, add Fun Foods Veg Basic Mayonnaise and mix well.
5. Apply some slurry on all edges of each spring roll sheet. Put some mushroom-spinach mixture on one side of each sheet, fold the opposite sides, roll to shape into cigar and seal, applying some slurry if required.
6. Place the cigars in a baking tray and brush some oil on top. Put the tray into the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
7. To prepare herb dip, mix together Fun Foods Veg Basic Mayonnaise, dried mixed herbs, white pepper powder and spring onion greens in a bowl.
8. Diagonally halve the baked cigars and place on a serving platter. Put the herb dip in a serving bowl and garnish with thyme leaves.
9. Serve warm cigars with herb dip.