We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
2 cups barley, cooked
1 small onion
5-6 button mushrooms
4-5 cauliflower florets
6-8 green peas
4-5 broccoli florets
1 small carrot
2 inch piece ginger
2 garlic cloves
1 green chilli
6-8 asparagus stalks
1 tsp olive oil
¼ cup choppedyellow bell peppers
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
Salt to taste
2-3 fresh parsleysprigs
2-3 fresh rosemary sprigs
¼ inch leek
Microgreens for garnishing
1. To make the stock, heat sufficient water in a non-stick pan. Add trimmings from onion, mushroom stems, cauliflower stems, green pea shells and broccoli stems. Boilfor 10-15 minutes.
2. Slice mushroom caps. Finely chop onion, carrot, ginger, garlic and green chilli in a Westinghouse chopper.
3. Trim asparagus and add the stalks to the stock. Keep the tops aside.
4. Heat olive oil in another non-stick pan. Add chopped vegetables and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add sliced mushrooms and bell peppers and grate in cauliflower florets. Add broccoli florets, green peas and barley and mix well.
6. Add a few ladleful of stock, crushed peppercorns and salt, stir and simmer for 5-6 minutes or till the liquid dries up.
7. Chop a portion of the asparagus stems and add to the pan. Chop parsley and rosemary and add. Grate in 2 almonds and add asparagus tops.
8. Slice leek finely. Transfer the risotto into a serving plate.
9. Grate remaining almonds on top. Garnish with sliced leeks and microgreens.
10. Serve hot.