We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Buckwheat Pancakes With Grilled Peaches And Fruit Sauce
2 cups buckwheat flour (kuttu atta)
2 medium peaches
2 medium plums, sliced
3-4 lychees, peeled and roughly chopped
¼ tspbaking soda
Salt to taste
Few saffron strands
2 tbspschia seeds
¾ cup coconut milk
2 green cardamoms
1 tsp olive oil + drizzling and cooking
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbspspowdered jaggery
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
8-10 cherries, pitted and halved
Fresh mint leaves for garnishing
1. To make pancake batter, take buckwheat flour in a bowl. Add baking soda, salt, saffron, chia seeds, ½ cup coconut milk, cardamoms and 1 tsp olive oil. Blend well using a hand blender to a smooth batter of pouring consistency.
2. To make the fruit sauce, heat a non-stick pan. Add plums, honey, some lychees, peanut butter, remaining coconut milk and 1 tbsp powdered jaggery. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the remaining jaggery to the pancake batter and mix well.
4. Add few tbsps water to the fruit sauce, mix and simmer for 2 minutes. Blend to a fine puree using a hand blender.
5. Heat a non-stick grill pan.
6. Halve peaches and discard the seeds. Sprinkle salt, crushed peppercorns and drizzle some olive oil. Place the peach halves upside downon the hot grill pan and grill till grill marks appear.
7. Heat some olive oil in a non-stick pan. Pour a ladleful of batter and spread into a pancake. Top with some cherries and cook till fully done. Make more pancakes in a similar way, using lychees and cherries as well.
8. Halve the pancakes and transfer them on a serving plate. Cut the grilled peaches into quarters and place them on the plate. Garnish with mint leaves and drizzle some fruit sauce on top. Serve.