We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Cabbage Wrapped Dim Sums
4 cabbage cups
¾-1 cup grated cottage cheese
½ small carrot, grated
6-8 French beans, finely chopped
1-2 stalks spring onion greens, finely chopped
½ inch ginger, finely chopped
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
Salt to taste
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp vinegar
4 spring onion green strips
Sweet chilli sauce for serving
- Line a bamboo steamer with a parchment paper.
- Heat 1-1½ cups water in a non-stick wok.
- Discard stems of cabbage cups and blanch in hot water for 30 seconds and drain on a plate.
- Heat the lined bamboo steamer in the same hot water.
- Combine cottage cheese, carrot, French beans, spring onion greens, ginger, crushed peppercorns, salt, soy sauce and vinegar in a bowl and mix well.
- Place each blanched cabbage cups on the worktop. Put some cottage cheese mixture in the center, fold and wrap it.
- Place the wrapped dim sums on the hot steamer, cover and steam for 5-7 minutes.
- Place spring onion green strips on the worktop, place each wrapped dim dum in the center a strip and tie a knot around.
- Serve immediately with sweet-chilli sauce.