We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Cucumber Pineapple And Green Beans Salad
1medium cucumber, peeled
¼ medium pineapple
12-16 French beans
1 medium tomato
1 inch ginger
1 green chilli
1 tbsp roasted cumin (jeera)powder
Juice of ½ lemon
2 tsps kasundi mustard
1 tbsp Figaro Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Ice cubes as required
Salt to taste
2 spring onion green stalks
8-10 black olives
7-8 curry leaves
Edible flowers for garnishing
1. To make the dressing, quarter tomato and add to a blender jar. Add ginger, green chilli, cumin powder, lemon juice, kasundi mustard, Figaro Extra Virgin Olive oil and some ice cubes and blend to a smooth mixture.
2. Heat some water in a non-stick pan. Add salt and bring to a boil. Add French beans and blanch for 40-50 seconds. Drain, refresh and set aside.
3. Cut the cucumber, pineapple and spring onion green stalks into batons and transfer into a bowl.
4. Trim the edges of the beans, cut them into halves and add to the bowl.
5. Add black olives, salt, curry leaves and 2-3 tablespoons dressing. Toss well.
6. Arrange the salad on a serving platter and pour the remaining dressing over it.Garnish with edible flowers and serve.