We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
1 French loaf, diagonally sliced
1 tsp dabeli masala
2 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and grated
2-3 tbsps oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
¼ cup tomato puree
Salt to taste
1 tbsp date-tamarind paste
1 tsp red chilli-garlic paste
2 tsps lemon juice
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves + for garnishing
Fresh pomegranate pearls for topping
Masala peanuts fortopping
Colourful desiccated coconut for topping
Sev for topping
1. Preheat oven to180° C.
2. Arrange the bread slices on a baking tray. Put the tray into the preheated oven and toast till crisp.
3. To prepare dabeli mixture, heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add onion and sauté till golden brown. Add tomatoes and sauté till soft. Add tomato puree, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add salt and potatoes, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add date-tamarind chutney, red chilli-garlic chutney and dabeli masala and mix well. Switch off heat, add lemon juice and 1 tbsp coriander leaves and mix well.
5. Spread the dabeli mixture on a steel plate and top with some pomegranate pearls, masala peanuts, colourful desiccated coconut, sev and some coriander leaves.
6. Spread the prepared dabeli mixture on the toasted bread slice, top with some masala peanuts and serve hot.