We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Dosa Egg Sandwich
Readymade dosa batter as required
Oil as required
Butter for brushing
1 small tomato, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
10-12 fresh coriander leaves
Salt to taste
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
Cream cheese for spreading
- Fill some dosa batter in a squeeze bottle.
- Heat a non-stick tawa. Add some oil in the pan. Fill some dosa batter in a squeezy bottle and squeeze out some to make 2 smiley faces and cook for a minute or till golden.
- Pour a ladle of batter on each smiley faces to make a mini dosa and cook equally from both sides till golden.
- Put some more oil in the same hot tawa. Pour a ladleful of batter, spread into a dosa and cook till goldenfrom both sides. Switch off heat and place all prepareddosas on the tawa.
- Brush some butter in 2 small microwave safe bowls. Put in some tomatoes, some onions and fewcoriander leaves in each bowl. Break in 1 egg in each bowl and add salt and crushed peppercorns.
- Place the bowls in microwave and cook for 30-35 seconds.
- Transfer dosas on the worktop and spread some cream cheese on them.
- Demould the eggs frombowls using a toothpick and place them on plain dosas and cover them with smiley dosas.
- Line a serving platter with 2 medium square shaped banana leaves, place the dosa sandwiches on it and serve.