We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
2 long brinjals
2 tbsps Figaro Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4-5 garlic cloves, chopped
1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
½ cup choppedmixed zucchini
Salt to taste
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
1 green chilli
2-3 fresh parsleysprigs
5-6 cherry tomatoes
2-3 fresh basil leaves + for garnishing
1 fresh rosemarysprig
8-10 walnut kernels
8-10 pecan nuts
10 gms parmesan cheese + for garnishing
Micro greens for garnishing
1. To make the filling, heat 1 tbsp Figaro Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a non-stick pan. Add onion, garlic, red and yellow peppers and toss.
2. Add mixed zucchini, salt and crushed peppercorns. Finely chop green chilli and parsley and add to the pan, sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Halve cherry tomatoes and add. Tear 2-3 basil leaves and add alongwith fresh rosemary and toss. Remove from heat and cool.
4. Heat a non-stick grill pan.
5. Use a mandoline slicer to slice the eggplant thinly. Sprinkle salt and crushed peppercorns and place the slices on the hot pan. Grill for 1-2 minutes or till grill marks appear on both sides.
6. Grind togetherwalnuts, almonds, pecan nuts, pinenuts and parmesan cheese to a coarse powder.
7. Add 2-3 tablespoons ground powder and remaining Figaro Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the vegetables in the pan. Mix well.
8. Transfer the grilled eggplant slices on a worktop. Place a portion of the filling on one side and roll each slice into a pinwheel.
9. Place some of the remaining filling on a serving plate and arrange the eggplant rolls on top. Garnish with basil leaves, microgreens and parmesan cheese shavings.