We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Gluten Free Bean Burger
½ cup kidney beans (rajma), cooked
½ cup brown Bengal gram (kale chane), cooked
½ cup chickpeas(chole), cooked
1 small onion
2 tsps olive oil + for shallow-frying
1 tsp ginger-garlic-green chilli paste
1 tsp roasted pomegranate seeds (anardana)
1 tsp cumin powder
1¼ tsps red chilli power
Few fresh coriander sprigs
3-4tbsps crushed mixed nuts
4 tbsps roasted gram flour (besan)
Salt to taste
1 cup puffed rice (murmura)
10-12 fresh rocket leaves
1 spring onion bulb
1 medium tomato
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsps green chutney
2 tbsps hung yogurt
Sprouts for garnishing
Micro greens for garnishing
1. Slice onion.
2. Heat 1 tspolive oil in a non-stick pan. Add sliced onion and sauté well.
3. Add ginger-garlic-green chilli paste, pomegranate seeds, cumin powder, 1tsp chilli powder and mix well.
4. Add kidney beans, brown Bengal gram and chickpeas. Chop coriander and add alongwith 1½ tbspsoats, 1 tbsp mixed nuts and 2 tbspsgram flour and mix well.
5. Transfer ¾th of the mixture in a Westinghouse mixer grinder and grind to a coarse paste.
6. Mix it with the remainingmixture. Set aside.
7. Put remaining gram flour in a bowl. Add sufficient water, salt and remaining chilli powder andmix well to make a thin slurry.
8. Grind the puffed rice and the remaining nuts to a coarse powder. Add remaining oats and mix well.