We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Grilled Sweet Potatoes With Avocado Salsa
2 medium sweet potatoes, par boiled with peel
1 medium avocado
Salt to taste
1 inch ginger
5-6 garlic cloves
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp + a pinchgaram masala powder
2 tsps FigaroOlive Oil + for grilling and drizzling
2-3 fresh mint sprigs
2-3 fresh coriander sprigs
3-4 fresh basil leaves
Juice of ½ lemon
1 spring onion with greens
4-5 cherry tomatoes
20 gms feta cheese
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
Microgreens for garnishing
1. Cut sweet potatoes into ½ inch roundels. Add salt and set aside.
2. Slice ginger and add to a blender jar. Add garlic, chilli powder, 1 tspgaram masala powder, 1 tsp FigaroOlive Oil, mint sprigs, coriander sprigs and basil leaves and blend to a smooth paste using water if required.
3. Add 2 tbsps prepared paste to the sweet potato roundels, mix and set aside to marinate.
4. To make avocado salsa, scoop the avocado flesh and add to a mortar. Add salt, lemon juice,1 tsp Figaro Olive Oil and a pinchgaram masala powder. Chop spring onion greens, reserve some for garnishing and add the remaining to the mortar. Add 1 tbsp prepared paste and crush to a coarse mixture.
5. Heat some Figaro Olive Oil in a non-stick grill pan. Place the sweet potato roundels on it and grill for 2-3 minutes or till grill marks appear on both sides.
6. Place a large ring mould on a serving plate and arrange the avocado salsa around it. Halve cherry tomatoes and arrange them over the salsa, place sweet potatoes on it. Crumble feta cheese and add,top with the remaining prepared paste. Thinly slice spring onion bulbs and arrange on top.
7. Top with reserved chopped spring onion greens, drizzle some FigaroOlive Oil, sprinkle crushed peppercorns and garnish with micro greens. Serve.