We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
1 tsp Keya Oregano
4 cups refined flour + for dusting
Oil for greasing
15 gms fresh yeast
A pinch sugar
½ tsp salt
Milk as required
Butter for brushing
- Preheat oven at 180ºC. Grease a baking tray with some oil.
- Take yeast in a bowl. Add 2 tbsps warm water and sugar, mix well and set aside to activate.
- Sieve flour in another bowl. Add salt and ¾ tsp Keya Oregano. Make a well in the centre, pour the activated yeast in it and mix well. Add 2 cups water and knead into a soft dough.
- Dust the worktop with some flour. Place the dough on it and punch it. Keep kneading by stretching and punching till the dough is ready and doesn’t break.
- Spread the dough into an oblong shape, place on the greased baking tray, cover with a damp muslin cloth and set aside in a warm place to prove for 20-25 minutes.
- Apply some milk on the proved bread dough. Sprinkle remaining Keya Oregano on top, put the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from heat, brush with some butter and let it cool. Serve.