We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Kerala Fish Curry with Appam
|SR.NO.||INGREDIENTS [For the Tikki]||QTY|
|1.||Basa [Fish]||250 gms|
|2.||Coconut Oil||20 ml|
|3.||Curry Leaves||4 Nos|
|4.||Chopped Onion||150 gms|
|5.||Chopped Tomato||100 gms|
|6||Chopped Garlic||30 gms|
|7.||Chopped Ginger||30 gms|
|8||Green Chillies||20 gms|
|9||Fenugreek Seeds||10 gms|
|10||Coconut Milk||200 ml|
|11||Crush Peppercorns||5 gms|
|12||Turmeric Powder||10 gms|
|13||Red Chilli Powder||10 gms|
|15||Tamarind Pulp||20 ml|
|16||Regular Rice||200 gms|
|17||Parboiled Rice||100 gms|
For the Stew
• In a deep pan add coconut oil. Add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and green chilies and let crackle. Add some chopped ginger, chopped garlic, chopped onions and some salt and sauté till onions are brown.
• Now add some turmeric powder, red chili powder, tomatoes and water and let cook for 10 minutes. .
• Fillet the fish and marinate with some salt and red chili powder for 5 minutes.
• Add coconut milk and tamarind pulp and mix well.
• Now add the fish to the stew and cook for 2-3 minutes.
• Kerala Fish Curry is Ready.
For the Appam
• Rinse both the rice varieties together for a couple of times. Soak both the regular rice, parboiled rice in water overnight. Drain and then add them to the grinder.
• Add some salt and sugar to this batter along with coconut milk and mix nicely.
• To make the appam take a ladle full of the batter in a non-stick kadhai and turn and tilt the kadhai to spread the batter.
• Cover the pan and let the Appam cook. The base would become nicely light golden.
• Serve the Appam hot or warm with fish stew.