We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
|1.||All Purpose Flour||250 gms|
|2.||Sesame Seeds||50 gms|
|3.||Poppy Seeds||50 gms|
|4.||Suli [Semolina]||100 gms|
|5||Grated Coconut||1 Cup|
|7||Caradmom Powder||2 tsp|
• In a bowl add the all purpose flour, suji and ghee. Mix it uniformly.
• Now add the water and knead the dough.
• Gujiya dough in now ready.
• Heat Ghee in a pan; roast sesame seeds, poppy seeds and suji. Fry till golden brown.
• Toss grated coconut in the mixture and remove it from the heat source.
• Now add the jaggery, cardamom powder and salt to the mixture.
• Maharashtrian stuffing is now ready.
• Roll the dough using a rolling pin in the shape of a roti. Put the stuffing in the center of the dough and fold it in half. Using your fingers, twist the edges and shape them a bit to give a pattern.
• The Gujiya is now ready to fry.