We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Masala Sweet Potato Potli
2-3 medium sweet potatoes, boiled, peeled and grated
Whole wheat flour (atta) dough as required
Whole wheat flour (atta) for dusting
2 tbsps canola oil + for deep-frying
1 small onion, finely chopped
2-3 tbsps grated processed cheese
Salt to taste
1 tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp garam masala powder
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
Spring onion green strips as required
Green chutney for serving
1. Heat sufficient canola oil in a kadai.
2. Heat 2 tbsps canola oil in a non-stick pan. Add onion and sauté till translucent. Add sweet potatoes and mix well.
3. Add cheese, salt, garam masala powder and chilli powder, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add coriander leaves and mix well.
4. Divide the dough into equal portions and shape into balls.
5. Dust the worktop with some wheat flour, roll out each portion into thin discs and cut them into roundels using a large size cookie cutter.
6. Put some sweet potato mixture in the center of each roundel, pleat up the ends together and slightly press from the center to seal and shape into potlis.
7. Put the potlis in hot canola oil and deep-fry till golden brown and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
8. Tie a spring onion sprig around the neck of each potliand serve hot with green chutney.