We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Molten Lava Cake
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 cup refined flour
1 cup butter
1 cup condensed milk
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
Milk as required
1 cup melted dark chocolate
½ tsp Keya Sri Lankan Cinnamon Powder
1 cup chocolate ganache
- Preheat oven at 180ºC.
- Cream together butter and condensed milk in a bowl till light.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda into the butter mixture and fold well. Add milk and fold till well combined into a smooth batter.
- Fill a piping bag with the prepared batter and pipe out portions into individual silicon muffin moulds filling 3/4
- Put the moulds on a baking tray, place the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Whisk melted chocolate till smooth and tempered. Pour the chocolate on an OHP sheet and spread with a spatula. Refrigerate till semi-set.
- Add Keya Sri Lankan Cinnamon Powder to the chocolate ganache and mix well.
- Discard the rough upper part of the baked muffins. Use a small cookie cutter to make a hole in the centre of the muffins, cutting through. Place the prepared muffins on serving plates.
- Fill another piping bag with the cinnamon flavoured chocolate ganache, reserving some.
- Reheat the reserved ganache in a microwave till hot.
- Pipe out the flavoured ganache to fill half the muffin holes.
- Use a cookie cutter to mark discs of the size of the muffin on the semi-set chocolate on OHP sheet. Refrigerate again till fully set. Discard the extra chocolate to get chocolate discs.
- Place one chocolate disc on each muffin. Pour the hot chocolate ganache on the disc and let it melt.
- Serve immediately.