We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Moong Dal Chilla
1 cup green gram, soaked, (moong dal)
¼ cup Black lentils, soaked,( urad dal)
2 cup Spinach,chopped ( palak)
1 onion, finely sliced, (pyaz)
1 tsp cumin, ( jeera)
2 tbsp fennel seeds,( sauna)
2 green chillies, finely chopped, ( hari mirch)
1tbsp hung curd
1 tsp turmeric powder, (haldi,)
1 tsp oil + for cooking, (tel )
Salt to taste, namak
100 gms Sweet tamarind chutney to serve
100 gms Green chutney to serve
4 tbsp Hung curd to serve
- Soak moong dal and urad dal overnight. Blend both in a mixer and remove in a bowl.
- Make sure the batter is semi liquid but not runny. If needed use the soaking water to thin down the batter.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add cumin seeds, fennel seeds and onions and sauté till onions get browned. Now add this mix to the batter and mix well.
- Add spinach,green chillies, turmeric powder and salt into the batter and mix again.
- Heat a tawa/pan and put some oil into it. Now pour one ladle full of batter and spread it around the tawa/pan by tilting the tawa/pan in a rotary movement.
- Once the chila is cooked and is brown on one side, flip it and cook it on the other side as well adding oil if required.
- Similarly make all Chillas from the batter.
- Remove the chilas on a serving plate. Serve with tamarind chutney, green chutney and yogurt.
By: Chef Jasmine Dsouza
Show: Namaste Breakfast