We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Multigrain Calzone With Cottage Cheese And Corn
2 cups multigrain flour + for dusting
200 grams cottage cheese (paneer)
½ cup sweet corn kernels
1 tbsp fresh yeast
1 tsp sugar
Salt to taste
2½ tbspsolive oil + for greasing and brushing
1 medium onion
1 green chilli
1 medium tomato, chopped
20 gms cheddar cheese
5-6 fresh basil leaves
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
1. Take 2 tbsps warm water in a bowl. Add yeast and sugar and mix well. Set aside to activate.
2. In a planetary mixer,put the flour. Add salt, 2 tbsps olive oil and mix. Add the activated yeast and mix. Add sufficient water to knead into a soft dough. Set aside to prove.
3. Cut onion into rings.
4. Heat ½ tbsp olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add onion rings.
5. Chop green chilli and add alongwith corn kernels and tomatoes. Sauté for 2-3 minutes and transfer into a bowl.
6. Crumble the cottage cheese and cheddar cheese and add. Tearbasil leaves and add alongwith and crushed peppercorns. Mix well and set aside.
7. Preheat oven to 250º C. Grease a baking tray with some olive oil.
8. Dust the worktop with some flour and roll out the dough into a large disc. Use a medium size cookie cutter and cut out 4 discs.
9. Brush the discs with some water and place a portion of the prepared filling in the centre. Fold the calzone into a semicircle and pleat the edges.
10. Place the calzones on the greased tray and brush some olive oil on them. Put the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
11. Serve hot.