We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
3 cups refined flour
1½ cups powdered sugar
1 cup gram flour
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp green cardamom powder
1½ cups ghee
1 cup butter-sugar icing
½ cup grated khoya
- Preheat oven at 180ºC.
- Sift together refined flour, powdered sugar, gram flour, baking soda and baking powder into a bowl. Mix.
- Add cardamom powder and mix. Add ghee, slowly, mix and knead into a stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into equal portions and shape them into cookies. These are nankhatais.
- Place the nankhatais on a baking tray, put the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Combine butter-sugar icing and khoya in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread a spoonful of the khoya mixture on the underside of a nankhatai. Place on a serving platter, cover with another nankhatai and serve immediately.