We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Palak Cheela With Tomato Chutney
2 tbsps spinach (palak) puree
2 green chillies
2 cups gram flour (besan)
1 tsp olive oil + for cooking
200 gms tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
Few fresh dill leaves (suva)
Salt to taste
Mixed sprouts for topping and garnishing
Few fresh fenugreek leaves (methi)
Micro greens for garnishing
2-3 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp brown sugar
Juice of 1½ lemons
Salt to taste
1 inch cinnamon
2 tsps dried pomegranate seeds (anardana)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tsp red chilli powder
Few fresh coriander leaves
1. Chop green chillies and transfer in a bowl. Add gram flour, 1tsp olive oil and sufficient water. Use a hand blender to blend into a smooth mixture.
2. Add tofu cubes, spinach puree, dill leaves and salt and blend to make a chunky batter of pouring consistency.
3. To make the chutney, heat brown sugar in a non-stick pan. Add juice of 1 lemon, tomatoes, salt and cinnamon and mix well.
4. Heat some olive oil in a non-stick pan.
5. Add pomegranate seeds, onions and chilli powder to the chutney, mix well and cook till the tomatoes soften.
6. Pour a ladle full of the batter in the pan, spread into a cheela and place some sprouts on top. Cook till evenly done from both the sides. Make more pancakes in a similar way topped with fenugreek leaves.
7. Add coriander leaves and juice of remaining lemon to the chutney and switch off heat.
8. Cut out smaller discs from the cheela using a cookie cutter and place them on a serving plate. Top with the tomato chutney, garnish with micro greens and sprouts and serve hot.