We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Pear Jelly Pithe
2 tbsp. Gelatin
5-6 cups water
1 glass Coconut water
½ cup powdered sugar
1 cup Maida
1 tbsp. baking powder
5 tbsp. ghee
½ cup Beetroot puree
1 cup Milk
2 tbsp. water
4 tbsp. oil
- Take 2 pears, cut head and tail and grate 2 pears with skin.
- Add coconut water to the grated pears.
- Add water to gelatin and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Take it out from the microwave and add it with the grated pears and coconut water and mix well.
- Add powdered sugar and mix well.
- Set the mixture in an aluminum tray and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- In another mixing bowl add maida, baking powder, ghee, fresh beetroot juice and mix well. Add milk and whisk. Add water to thin the batter a bit if need be.
- Heat a pan and add oil to it and then clean it off with a tissue so that the pan is just greased with oil.
- Pour batter in pan and spread it even to make crepes. Cook on both sides.
- Take the crepe out on the chopping board.
- Get the jelly back from the refrigerator and separate the jelly from the case with the help of a knife.
- Cut the jelly in rectangle pieces, place in crepes, fold, roll and serve with some jelly pieces.