We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Pear and Plum Cheesecake
½ red USA Pear
3-4 plum cake slices
1 cup cream cheese
1 tbsp melted butter
½ cup condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1½-2 cups whipped cream
½ tbsp gelatin
Edible silver balls as required
Edible red stars as required
- Line a small spring bottomcheesecake tin with an aluminium foil.
- Crumble 2-3 plum cake slices in a bowl. Add melted butter and mix well.
- Line the tin with some crumble mixture and refrigerate to set.
- Take cream cheese in another bowl. Add condensed milk and whisk. Add vanilla essence and whisk well. Add ⅓ of whipped cream and fold. Add remaining whipped cream and fold well.
- Take gelatin in a bowl. Add some cream mixture and mix well. Add the gelatin-cream mixture to the remaining cream mixture and mix well.
- Pour the prepared cream mixture in lined tin and tap. Refrigerate to set for 4-5 hours.
- Discard stem and bottom of pear, halve and thinly slice.
- Remove cheese cake from refrigerate. Heat the side edges of the tin using a blow torch and demould the cheesecake. Gently discard the aluminium foil and place the cheesecake on a serving platter.
- Make a fan of sliced pear and place on one side of cheesecake. Cut the remaining plum cake slice using a medium size Christmas tree cookie cutter and place it on top of cheesecake.
- Decorate with edible silver balls and edible red stars. Serve.