We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Pit Pat Burger
8 mini pita breads
16-18 broccoli florets, blanched
½ cup boiled corn kernels
1 cup mashed sweet potato
Salt to taste
½ tsp garam masala powder
1 cup breadcrumbs
Oil for shallow-frying
2 cheese slices
4-5 iceberg lettuce leaves
1 medium tomato, sliced
1. Roughly chop broccoli florets and transfer in a bowl.
2. Coarsely crush corn kernels in a grinder and add to the broccoli. Mix well. Add sweet potato and mix. Add salt and garam masala powder and mix well.
3. Spread breadcrumbs on a plate.
4. Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into small size tikkis.
5. Heat some oil in a non-stick pan. Place the tikkis in it and shallow-fry till golden from both the sides.
6. Slice pita breads horizontally into halves and toast lightly in the same pan.
7. Cut cheese slices into four squares.
8. Place a lower half of the toasted pita bread on the worktop. Top with a torn lettuce leaf followed by a tikki, a tomato slice and a cheese square. Cover with the othertoasted bread half and secure with a toothpick. Similarly prepare the rest.
9. Serve immediately.