We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Poached Chicken Breast With Pumpkin Mash
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
¾ cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
5-6 green cardamoms
1½ tsps cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tsp black peppercorns
¼ tsp turmeric powder
2 fresh rosemary sprigs
1 medium onion, halved horizontally
1 inch leek
1 medium carrot
Salt to taste
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
1 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
½ tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
8-10 curry leaves
4 tbsps coconut milk
Micro greens for garnishing
1-2 walnut kernels
1. Dry roast fennels seeds, cardamoms, 1 tsp cumin seeds and peppercorns in a non-stick pan till fragrant.
2. Add turmeric powder and 1 cup water, simmer for a minute.
3. Add fresh rosemary and onion, simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Roughly chop leek into thick strips and add. Halve carrot vertically and add alongwith salt and crushed peppercorns and let it simmer.
5. Add chicken breasts, cover and poach for 10 minutes.
6. Heat oil in another non-stick pan. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add carom seeds, asafoetida and remaining cumin seeds and sauté for 15 seconds.
7. Add curry leaves, 2 tbsps coconut milk, pumpkin puree, crushed peppercorns and salt, mix well and cook till thick.
8. Add remaining coconut milk to the chicken, stir lightly and cook for 2-3 minutes.
9. Spread a ladleful of pumpkin mash in ashallow serving plate. Place the poached chicken on it alongwith onion, carrot and leek. Pour the sauce on top and garnish with micro greens. Grate walnuts on top and serve immediately.