We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Poached Eggs With Ghee Hollandaise And Indian Greens
2-3 fresh dill sprigs
8-10 fresh amaranth leaves
1 tbsp vinegar
Salt to taste
2½ tsps lemon juice
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
¼ tspkasundi mustard
1 medium onion, chopped
Garam masala powder for sprinkling
Microgreens for garnishing
1. Heat sufficient water in a non-stick pan. Add vinegar.
2. Break eggs in a bowl and gently slide them inthe water. Simmer for 2 minutes and carefully transfer them into a bowl of ice water. Set aside.
3. To make the hollandaise,take theegg yolks in a double boiler. Add salt, 1½ tspslemon juice and crushed peppercorns and whisk continuously. Add kasundi mustard and whisk again.
4. Warm 2 tbsps ghee in a non-stick pan. Add warm ghee, little by little, to the eggs and whisk continuously. Add 1tbspwarm water and whisk till the mixture thickens.
5. Heat remaining ghee in another non-stick pan. Add onions and saute well.
6. Roughly chop dill sprigs and add to the pan alongwith amaranth leaves and sauté for 2 minutes. Add salt and remaining lemon juice. Mix well, switch off heat and transfer on a serving plate.
7. Reheat the poached eggs by simmering in a pot of boiled water for a few seconds.
8. Gently place them over the sautéed greens. Top with the hollandaise, sprinkle garam masala powder, garnish with microgreens and serve immediately.