We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 cup butter + for greasing
1 cup refined flour + for dusting
1 cup condensed milk
½ cup yogurt
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
Milk as required
A drop pink food colour
1 five-inch readymade eggless chocolate cake
Sugar syrup as required
Golden edible pearls for sprinkling
2 cups butter
2 cups icing sugar, sieved
- Grease a bowl shaped aluminium mould with some butter and dust with some flour.
- Cream together butter and condensed milk in a bowl till light.
- Add yogurt and beat again. Add vanilla essence and beat.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder into the butter mixture. Fold well. Add milk and mix into a smooth batter.
- Place a ring in a pressure cooker and fill with water till the height of the ring. Cover and heat till steam forms.
- Fill the greased mould with the batter filling 3/4th. Tap lightly.
- Place a plate on the ring and put the mould on it. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes without the whistle.
- To make butter-sugar icing, combine icing sugar and butter in a bowl and beat with a hand blender till smooth.
- Transfer ½ cup of the prepared butter-sugar icing in another bowl. Add pink food colour and mix well.
- Place the readymade cake on a turn table. This is the base.
- Remove the bowl shaped cake from the cooker and let it cool. Demould.
- Drizzle some sugar syrup on top of the base cake to moisten it. Spread the plain butter-sugar icing on top and level it out with a palette knife.
- Place the bowl shaped cake on top of the base cake and moisten it by drizzling some sugar syrup on top. Spread some more plain butter-sugar icing on it and level it out with a palette knife. Cover the sides as well with the plain icing and level it out with the palette knife.
- Keep the hands of a doll upwards and wrap the lower body tightly with a cling film. Insert the doll in the centre of the entire cake.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle with the remaining plain butter-sugar icing. Fill another piping bag fitted with a star nozzle with the pink icing.
- Pipe out rosettes of the pink icing on the doll and pipe out rosettes of plain icing covering the entire cake leaving a strip at the bottom. Pipe out pink rosettes on the bottom strip.
- Put the hands of the doll down, sprinkle golden edible pearls on it and serve.