We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
1 cup quinoa
2 tbsps ghee
1 tsp cumin seeds
5-6 green cardamoms
1 inch cinnamon
1 bay leaf
1 inch ginger, finely chopped
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 small carrot, cut into small cubes
6-8 French beans, diagonally sliced
⅓ cup green peas
Salt to taste
3 cups warm vegetable stock
Fresh coriander sprigs for garnishing
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds, cardamoms, broken cinnamon and cloves and sauté till fragrant.
- Add bay leaf, ginger and garlic and sauté for a minute. Add onion and sauté till golden.
- Add carrot and mix. Add French beans, mix and cook for a minute. Add peas and mix.
- Add quinoa, mix and cook for a minute. Add salt and warm vegetable stock, mix and bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat, mix, cover and cook till quinoa is fully
- Serve hot garnished with torn coriander sprigs.