We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
1 tbsp kiwi compote
2-3 tbsps strawberry compote
2-3 tbsps blueberry compote
2-3 tbsps carrot puree
2-3 tbsps mango puree
2 cups refined flour + for dusting
½ cup butter + for greasing
½ cup castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp baking powder
Sugar syrup for brushing
Whipped cream as required
Colourful chocolate candies as required
- Preheat oven at 180°C. Grease 5 baking tins with some butter and dust some flour.
- Cream together butter and castor sugar in a bowl using an electric beater. Add vanilla essence and whisk. Add eggs gradually and whisk well. Sieve flour and baking powder and whisk till well incorporated.
- Divide the batter into 5 equal portions. Add kiwi compote, strawberry compote, blueberry compote, carrot puree and mango puree to individual portion and mix well.
- Pour each coloured batter in individual greased tins and tap. Put them on a baking tray. Place the baking tray in preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Demould and cool. Place each on a turn table and trim off the upper crust using a serrated knife. Pile the cakes on each other and trim off theedges.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle with some whipped cream.
- Place the carrot cake on a serving platter, brush some sugar syrup on top and pipe out some whipped cream on top. Place the blueberry cake on top and repeat the process for kiwi cake, strawberry cake and mango cake.
- Pipe out some swirls on top of the cake and decorate with some colourful chocolate candies.