We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Rava Cheese Pops
Oil for deep fry
1 tsp. rai
1/2 tsp. methi ke daane
4-5 kadi patta
1 tsp. urad daal
2-3 green chilies
1 cup rava
2 cups water
1 cup popcorn
1/4 cup cheese cubes
½ cup milk
Salt to taste
Green chutney for serving
- Add oil in a deep pan and heat it.
- Add rai, methi ke daane, kadi patta, urad daal and sauté.
- Add green chilies, rava, water and cook well.
- Add salt (this should be inserted before the water is put in)
- Cover the lid of the pan and let it cook for a while.
- Take some popcorn and grind it in a grinder.
- Take rava upma out of the pan, transfer it in a mixing bowl and let it cool a bit.
- Take the grinded popcorn out and put it in a plate.
- Make balls out of the rava upma with a cheese cube inside it, dip it in milk, roll it in the grinded popcorn and keep them aside.
- In a deep pan heat some oil and deep fry the rava cheese balls in it.
- Take them out and put them on a plate with tissues on it.
- For presentation, brush a plate with green chutney leaving a small area in its centre.
- Place the rava cheese pops in it, add 3 toothpicks on the centre ones so they look like stumps and serve.