We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Roasted Bell Pepper And Carrot Soup
3 medium red bell peppers, roasted
2 large carrots, roasted and sliced
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
2 dried red chillies
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp black peppercorns
2 medium onions
1 tsp Figaro Olive Oil + for drizzling
1 medium bunch celery
1 cup tomato juice
1 tbsp sliced garlic
2 cups vegetable stock
Salt to taste
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
Fresh basil leaf for garnishing
Spinach micro greens for garnishing
1. Dry roast cumin seeds, broken red chillies, coriander seeds and peppercorns till fragrant.
2. Roughly chop onions.
3. Heat 1 tsp Figaro Olive Oil in a non-stick pan. Add chopped onions and sauté.
4. Roughly chop celery and add alongwith carrot slices and sauté lightly.
5. Peel roasted peppers, roughly chop and add. Mix and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Cool roasted spices and grind in a mortar with a pestle into a coarse powder.
7. Add 1 tbsp ground powder, tomato juice and garlic in the pan, mix and simmer for a minute.
8. Add stock, salt and crushed peppercorns, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
9. Transfer the soup in a blender jar and blend to a smooth mixture.
10.Pour the soup into individual serving bowls. Garnish with a basil leaf and micro greens. Drizzle some Figaro Olive oil, sprinkle some crushed peppercorns and serve hot.