We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Roasted Vegetables and Spinach Kathi Rolls
|1||Whole wheat flour||3 cups|
|2||Salt - to taste|
|3||Olive Oil||1 tsp|
|4||Milk- as needed to knead the dough||1 cup|
|For the stuffing:|
|1||mixed vegetables (carrot, capsicum, boiled potato and beans)||3-4 cups|
|2||Turmeric powder||1 pinch|
|3||Garam masala powder or chat masala||½ tsp|
|4||Ginger green chili paste||1 tsp|
|5||Lemon juice||1 tsp|
|6||Green chutney||Few tsps|
|7||Onion - finely sliced||1|
|8||Olive Oil||1 tbsp|
|9||Salt, to taste|
To make ginger green chilli paste:
• Take a small piece of ginger and 1 green chilli, grind it to a smooth paste with little salt and your ginger green chilli paste is ready.
To prepare the parathas:
• Mix salt, wheat flour and maida. Add milk slowly to form a soft dough.
• Keep covered and let it rest till the stuffing is done
To prepare the stuffing:
1. Heat oil, add onions and saute until golden brown.Add ginger chilli paste and saute for a min then add all the veggies, saute for 3mins or until cooked till the veggies are crunchy.
2. Add turmeric, garam masala powder and lemon juice mix well. Cook keeping lid closed for 2more minutes and switch off.
To make it as a wrap:
1. Pinch a lemon sized ball from the dough and flatten it like we do for chapathis. Dust flour if needed.
2. Then heat a dosa pan,once it is hot place the prepared parathas and cook on both sides.Likewise prepare all the parathas and keep aside.
3. At the time of serving, add little oil and toast the prepared parathas . Then spread 1/2 tbsp of green chutney, add a heaped tbsp of stuffing(either paneer bhurji/veg stuffing).
4. Then gently seal it from the bottom then close it tightly from the both the sides(left & right) to form a roll as shown in the pic(Rolling this way avoids stuffing from dropping out)
5. Then wrap the lower part of the parathas with butter paper/silver foil and enjoy ur kati rolls