We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
1 cup + 1 tbsp refined flour
¼ cup fresh beetroot juice
Melted ghee for greasing and brushing
1 tsp Mixed Herbs
1 tbsp butter
½ cup milk
50 gms processed cheese
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
¾ cup boiled macaroni
- Preheat oven at 180ºC. Grease a baking tray with some ghee.
2. Combine 1 cup refined flour and beetroot juice in a bowl and mix. Add salt, ½ tsp Keya Mixed Herbs and sufficient water and knead into a stiff dough. Cover with a damp muslin cloth and set aside.
3. Heat butter in a non-stick pan. Add 1 tbsp refined flour and sauté for a minute. Add milk and keep stirring till the sauce thickens.
4. Grate cheese in it and mix well. Adjust salt and add crushed peppercorns and mix well.
5. Add macaroni and mix well. Add remaining Keya Mixed Herbs and mix well.
6. Dust the worktop with some flour and divide the dough into large equal portions and roll out into discs. Cut into halves.
7. Apply water on the edges and shape the halves into a cone with pockets. Fill in a spoonful of the cooked macaroni mixture, apply water on the edges and seal the edges to shape into samosas.
8. Place the samosas on the greased tray. Brush them with some ghee, put the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
9. Remove from heat and serve hot.