We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Sarson Da Saag Te Makki De Samose
I cup Water
1 bottle oil
1 cup wheat flour
1 cup Maida
1 bunch of palak
1 bunch of sarson greens
1 tbsp. ginger
1 tbsp. garlic
6 green chilies
Salt to taste
1 tbsp. garam masala
1 cup jaggery
1 cup white butter
3 tbsp. ghee
- Add water in a pan and heat it.
- In a mixing bowl add wheat flour, maida, salt, hot oil (she already kept a deep pan filled with hot oil on the stove ready) mix together, add warm water and knead into a dough with bare hands.
- Roughly Chop palak and sarson.
- For the filling, Heat oil in a pan.
- Add ginger, chopped garlic, chopped onion, green chilies, chopped palak, leaves of sarson, salt, garam masala and mix well.
- Add ghee and cook it well.
- Put some ghee in your bare hand and then roll the dough into balls and then with a rolling pin, roll it flat.
- Cut the rough edges of the dough so that now it’s an oval shape.
- Cut the oval into half.
- Take one half, apply some water to all its edges and roll like a samosa cone.
- Add the sarson stuffing in it and close the samosas.
- Deep fry samosas in a deep pan with hot oil.
- Take them out on a tissue and arrange them in a serving plate.
- Serve with onions, green chilies, jaggery and butter.