We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Savoury Red Velvet Cupcakes
2 tsps fresh beetroot juice
1¼ cups refined flour
1 cup butter
1 cup yogurt
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
A pinch salt
1 cup feta cheese
1 cup fresh cream
- Preheat oven at 180ºC.
- Cream butter with an electric blender till light. Add yogurt and beat again. Add beetroot juice and beat well.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into the butter mixture. Fold well into a smooth batter.
- Fill a piping bag with the batter.
- Place individual silicon moulds on a baking tray and line them with fancy underliners. Pipe out the batter in the moulds filling 3/4th. Tap lightly.
- Put the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- To make icing, take feta cheese in a bowl. Add cream and whisk till well combined and smooth.
- Fill another piping bag fitted with a star nozzle with the icing.
- Demould muffins with the underliners. Pipe out icing on top and serve.