We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Semolina Cake With Fresh Fruits
2 cups semolina (suji)
¼ cup chopped mangoes
6-8 fresh cherries
6-8 lychees, peeled and roughly chopped
¼ medium pineapple
1 tbsp ghee
Few saffron strands
1½ cups low fat skimmed milk
1 tbsp honey
¼ tsp screwpine essence (kewra)
Fresh rose petals for garnishing
Edible flowers for garnishing
Gold leaf for garnishing
Fresh mint leaves for topping
1. Heat ghee in a deep non-stick pan. Add semolina and roast for a few minutes.
2. Add saffron and 1 cup milk, stir and cook till it thickens. Add remaining milk and cook.
3. Add honey and screwpine essence, mix well and cook till the mixture starts to leave the sides of the pan.
4. Place a medium sized greased ring mould on a serving plateand spoon the semolina mixture into it. Refrigerate till set.
5. Mix together the mangoes, cherries and lychees in a bowl.
6. Peel and slice kiwi into thin rings. Vertically cut the pineapple in half and slice thinly.
7. Arrange the kiwi and pineapple slices on the rim of a serving plate. Place the semolina cake in the centre and top with the mixedfruits. Garnish with rose petals, edible flowers and gold leaf. Remove the ring mould, top with mint leaves and serve.