We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
1 cup milk
1 cup Mawa
½ tin Milkmaid
1 tsp. elaichi
8 slices brown bread
1 tbsp. saffron
1/2 cup skinned almonds
1/2 cup pista
6 Satay sticks
- Add milk in a large mixing bowl. Then add mawa to it and mix well.
- Add milkmaid and whisk it.
- Add elaichi powder and whisk well.
- In a baking tray arrange some brown bread slices.
- Pour the mixture over the bread, add mawa on the breads and bake it in a 180 degree pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Take out the breads which were kept in the microwave for toasting and place them on the chopping board.
- Cut the bread slice into half and then the half into another half.
- Add saffron to blanched skinned almonds and mix well.
- Brush the sliced breads with milkmaid.
- Arrange the almonds on the top end of the bread.
- Arrange mawa in the center of the bread.
- Arrange blanched chopped pistas on the bottom end of the bread.
- Insert a satay stick into one of its corners to make a flag.
- Take the shahi tukda out of the oven. Arrange the flags inside the shahi tudka and serve.