We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Shortened Pear Cake
1½ USA Pears
1 cup refined flour + for dusting
½ cup butter
½ cup castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp baking powder
½ cup polenta
Whipped cream as required
Edible glaze as required
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Cream together butter and castor sugar using an electric beater. Add vanilla essence and egg and whisk well.
- Sieve in flour and baking powder. Add polenta and fold well.
- Discard stem and bottom of one USA Pear and finely chop. Dust some flour on chopped pear and mix. Add it to flour mixture and fold. Add milk and fold wellto make a batter.
- Fill in a small silicon loaf mould with batter and tap. Put the mould on a baking tray. Place the baking tray in preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Discard stem and bottom of remaining USA Pear, halve and slice it.
- Fill in a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle with whipped cream.
- Demould the cake, place sliced pear on top of one side of the cake and brush some glaze on top. Pipe out whipped cream rosettes on the opposite side.