We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Sugarcane Stick Kabab
4-6 X 3 inches sugarcane sticks
8-10 medium prawns, shelled and deveined
½ basa fish fillet
4-5 Gadre Crab Sticks
½ cup grated carrot
¼ cup grated boiled potato
¼ cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
Salt to taste
1½ tbsps chopped garlic
1½ tbsps lemon juice
1½ tbsps soy sauce
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsps oil
2-3 bird’s eye red chillies, finely chopped
½ tbsp honey
Basil sprig for garnishing
- Roughly chop prawns and fish fillet. Grind chopped prawns and fish fillet alongwith Gadre Crab Sticks to make a thick paste. Transfer the paste in a bowl.
- Add grated carrot, grated boiled potato, chopped coriander, salt, 1 tbsp chopped garlic, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp soy sauce and cornstarch and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick grill pan.
- Take some water in a bowl. Dampen your palms with some water and divide the mixture into equal portions. Take each portion mixture and press it around ½ of each sugarcane stick leaving the end open. These are kababs.
- Put 1 tbsp oil in the hot non-stick grill pan. Place each kababs on hot non-stick grill pan and grill for a minute or till golden from all sides. Place the cooked kebabs on a serving platter.
- To prepare sauce, heat remaining oil in a non-stick pan. Add remaining chopped garlic and bird eye red chillies and sauté till garlic turns golden.
- Combine remaining lemon juice, soy sauce and honey in a bowl and mix well. Add some of the sautéed garlic-chilli into the bowl and mix well.
- Serve hot kababs with sauce garnished with a basil sprig.