We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
|1.||All Purpose Flour||250 gms|
|2.||Poppy Seeds||50 gms|
|3.||Cashew Nuts||20 gms|
|5||Desicated Coconut||1 Cup|
|6||Caramdom Powder||1 tsp|
|7||Nutmeg Powder||½ tsp|
|8||Powdered Sugar||1 Cup|
• In a bowl add the all purpose flour, suji and ghee. Mix it uniformly.
• Now add the water and knead the dough.
• Gujiya dough in now ready.
• Heat Ghee in a pan; add the poppy seeds and roast them till they turn light golden brown
• In this mixture, add cashew nuts, raisins and desiccated coconut. Stir the mixture on medium heat.
• Now add the cardamom powder, nutmeg powder, and powdered sugar and mix it well.
• The Northern Gujiya stuffing is now ready.
• Roll the dough using a rolling pin in the shape of a roti. Line it in the gujiyamould. Stuff the filling and press the mould to shape the gujiaya.
• The gujiya is now ready to fry.