We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Thai Green Broccoli Soup
1 tbspThai green curry paste
10-15 broccoli florets +for garnishing
2 cups vegetable stock
1 medium potato, finely chopped
1-2 tbsps coconut milk
Salt to taste
Boiled noodles as required
1 tbsp lemon juice
Finely chopped spring onion greens as required
Finely chopped fresh coriander leaves as required
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add Thai green curry paste and sauté for a minute. Add vegetable stock, mix and bring to boil.
- Add broccoli florets and potato, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes. Switch off heat and cool.
- Grind the cooked mixture to make a puree. Strain the puree in another small deep non-stick pan. Switch on heat, mix and bring to boil.
- Add coconut milk and mix. Add salt and switch off heat.
- For garnishing, inserta satay stick in a broccoli floret to make a tree. Roll some boiled noodles on the remaining stick and cover. Place it in a serving soup bowl.
- Add lemon juice to soup and mix well. Pour the soup in the bowl and put some chopped spring onion greens and chopped coriander leaves besides the prepared garnish stick to make grass.
- Serve hot.