We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Thai Spiced Chicken Burger
500 gmslean chicken mince
4 whole wheat pita breads
1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
½ inch lemon grass
1 kaffir lime
½ spring onion green stalk
1¼ tbsps soy sauce
Few fresh coriander sprigs
1½ tbsps roasted rice powder
¼ small cabbage
1 small carrot
¼ medium cucumber
¼ raw mango
¼ teaspoon finely chopped garlic
Figaro Olive Oil for greasing and shallow-frying
1. Put chicken mince in a bowl. Add red curry paste. Chop lemon grass and add alongwith juice and zest of ½ kaffir lime, chopped spring onion greens, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, rice powder and egg and mix well. Refrigerate for 8 -10 minutes.
2. To make the coleslaw, shred cabbage, carrot, cucumber and raw mango into strips and put in another bowl. Add remaining garlic, some more chopped coriander leaves, remaining kaffir lime juice and remaining soy sauce. Mix well.
3. Horizontally slice the pita breads into halves.
4. Grease your palms with some Figaro Olive Oil, divide the chicken mince mixture into equal portions and shape into patties.
5. Heatsome Figaro Olive Oil in a non-stick pan. Place the patties in it and shallow-fry till evenly done from both the sides and the chicken is fully cooked.
6. Heat a non-stick grill pan. Place the halved pita breads on it and grill till grill marks appear on both sides.
7. Spread a portion of coleslaw on the grilled base pita halves and top with a chicken patty. Spread some more coleslaw on top and cover with the remaining pita halves.
8. Diagonally slice and secure the burgers with a toothpick.Serve immediately.