We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Mushroom Lemongrass Soup
2 cups finely sliced button mushrooms
3 X 1-inch stalks lemongrass + for serving
½ tsp oil
1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
1 medium onion, finely chopped
4 cups vegetable stock
Salt to taste
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
½ tsp Keya Mixed Herbs
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add garlic and sauté till fragrant. Add onion, mix and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, mix and cook for 2 minutes.
- Discard the outer layer of lemongrass stalks and finely chop. Put the chopped lemongrass on a piece of muslin cloth and tie into a bundle.
- Add vegetable stock to the pan and stir to mix. Add salt, crushed peppercorns and Keya Mixed Herbs and stir to mix. Add lemongrass bundle, cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Discard the lemongrass bundle and pour the soup into teapots. Serve hot with a lemongrass stick as a stirrer.