We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
8 medium prawns, shelled and deveined with tails intact
250 grams boneless chicken, cut into cubes
1 cup cubed cottage cheese
2 tbsps red garlic chutney
¾-1 cup hung yogurt
1 tbsp mustard oil
1 cup cubedmixed bell peppers
Butter for basting
Lemon wedges for serving
Onion rings for serving
- To prepare marinade, combine red garlic chutney and hung yogurt in a bowl and whisk well. Add mustard oil and whisk again.
- Divide the mixture equally into 3 different bowls. Add prawns, chicken and cottage cheese alongwith bell pepper cubes in individual bowls and mix well.
- Place a wooden chopping board on the worktop. Place a mud pot with 2 holes on opposite sides. Put in some sand filling ¼th and cover it with an aluminium foil. Fill the pot with coal till the level of holes. Put some oil on top and burn the coal.
- Skewer one marinated bell pepper cube and cottage cheese in a metal skewer and repeat till ingredients are used. Similarly, twist and skewer marinated chicken and prawns.
- Place skewered cottage cheese, chicken and prawns over hot coal and barbecue from all sides till golden specks appear. Baste with butter and barbecue for a minute.
- Serve hot alongwith lemon wedge and onion rings.