We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Ragi grains - 2 cup (You can also use 1.5 cups of Ragi Flour or Raikon instead)
Urad dal - 1/2 cup
Salt - 1 tsp
Oil and Ghee- to grease the idli tray/ to make dosas
- Soak urad dal and ragi grains separately for minimum 3 hours or overnight.
- Grind the urad dal separately till it become fluffy.
- Next grind the ragiseperately (if using ragi grains).
- Mix the urad dal batter and ragi batter together with required salt.
- - If you are using ragi flour, grind the urad dal to a smooth batter and mix in the ragi flour to this. Add little water and mix to get aidli batter consistency.
- Whichever method you follow, let the batter ferment overnight or until it doubles in volume.
- After it ferments, you can make idlis or dosa immediately. You can also store the batter in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Serve this with any type of chutney or sambhar or any other gravy.