Summer is here, and the most important fact that one should start doing is keeping themselves hydrated. Extreme heat and make you feel dry and dizzy, so it’s very important to consume water and also food items that add water to your body and keeps you refreshed. Fruits like watermelon, cucumber are considered to be to summer favourites. It’s good for your body and it adds a lot of benefits to your skin as well. If you eat such fruits on a regular basis, it will keep you hydrated, healthy and will give you a very clear and glowing skin. Dr Geetika Mittal Gupta, famous cosmetology, recently shared about the fruits that you must eat during summers.
In her post, she says, “Summer is here, which means hot, uncomfortable weather is too. Cool down your body and skin by snacking on cooling foods like watermelon, cucumber, celery, yogurt, and cauliflower.”
1. Watermelon: Made up of 92 per cent water, it’s an excellent hydrating fruit! It is also packed with lycopene, antioxidants, Vitamins A, B6, and C, potassium, and amino acids.
2. Cucumber: A summer must-have! It eliminates toxins from the body and keeps you hydrated.
3. Celery: This vegetable is 95 per cent water, which makes it a good option to keep necessary fluid levels up.
4. Yogurt: Yogurt is made for summer eating—whether it’s ice-cream or frozen yogurt. It’s cooling, nutritious, light, and the perfect snack.
5. Cauliflower: Part of the cruciferous veggies family, it is rich in vitamin C and several minerals and micro-nutrients.