We are cooking up a treat.
It will be served shortly...
Couscous Stuffed Tomatoes
¾ cup couscous
8 medium tomatoes, scooped
Salt to taste
¼ tsp turmeric powder
Juice of ¼ lemon
2-3 drops + 1½ tsps olive oil
½ medium corn on cob
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 green chilli
2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
2 tbsps finely chopped pineapple
2-3 fresh parsley sprigs
1-2 fresh thyme sprigs
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
Micro greens for garnishing
1. Heat sufficient water in a non-stick pan. Add salt, turmeric powder, lemon juice and 2-3 drops olive oil and mix.
2. Scrape kernels from corn on cob in the pan and stir. Add couscous, mix, cover and cook till the couscous is fully done.
3. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in another non-stick pan. Add onion and sauté.
4. Chop green chilli, add and sauté lightly. Add tomatoes, mix and cook for a minute.
5. Reserve some of the couscous-corn mixture for garnishing and add the remaining to the pan. Mix lightly, switch off heat and add pineapple. Mix well.
6. Finely chop parsley and add alongwith fresh thyme, salt and crushed peppercorns and mix well.
7. Stuff the tomato shells with the couscous-pineapple mixture.
8. Heat ½ tsp olive oil in a deep non-stick pan. Place the stuffed tomatoes in it, cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 minutes.
9. Place a large cookie cutter on a serving plate. Add the reserved couscous-corn mixture in it and spread. Place the stuffed tomatoes on top and remove the cutter. Garnish with micro greens, sprinkle crushed peppercorns and serve immediately.